Friday 20 September 2013

Hindi Divas

Activity Date – 20 September 2013

Approximate Time - 2 hours

Criteria of CAS – Creativity

Hindi is an official language of India. It has got respect of our national language as there thousands languages in India. In India language changes in every 50 km, still Hindi is the most convenient and used language in India.

Hindi Divas is an annual literary-day celebration in India and other Hindi speaking countries. Hindi is not seen just as a language in India, it is pride and honor of our country. When my Hindi teacher Miss. Vijaylaxmi Kanate asked me to organize the Hindi Divas celebration to be held in our school and do the comparing. I agreed to undertake this new challenge as I saw it as an opportunity to rise up as a leader and a speaker. I belong from an Urdu speaking family, Urdu and Hindi are similar languages. So I thought it would be easy for me but it wasn’t, as Vijaylaxmi ma’am explained me the difference between spoken language and authentic language. The authentic language has words with difficult pronunciations and you have to use them with very grammatically sentences. Whereas stage skills comes I never got chance to be the anchor and manage the whole function. I always saw my seniors do it and thought how it would feel to manage such big audience. Being on the stage and explaining things to such big audience is very difficult. Many people suffer through stage fear. I have seen many of friends have that problem, I was hoping I don’t get that.

First of all I planned the activity. Then I gathered some information on Hindi Divas for introduction of the function. After my research I realized that Hindi is growing language and before 2 or 3 years back it has realized in internet. It is shame for all of us Hindi speaking population that Hindi has still not got the recognition in the world it deserves. Many great poets and writers of India chose Hindi as medium to represent their thoughts to the public. I think Hindi is great language which represents India’s culture and history in a fabulous form.


We made and sent a formal invitation to our teachers. Before we started the function I was very scared for my performance, my heartbeat got fast, there were many thoughts in my mind at that situation I wanted to run away but I chose be there and face my fear. I didn’t wanted to be known as a coward I wanted be known as the courageous one. As we started the program I don’t know from where but I got some amazing confidence and started the celebration with a very good introduction. Then we had a quiz by Himanshu, where students had to convert given English word in Hindi and vice versa. We also had some patriotic songs by students to show us the importance of the bond between Hindi and India. Our CBSE principal Mr. Nair recited a poem “Secular Machar”. Then some of schoolmates also recited poems, in my perspective Asmita Meshram did the best. We ended the program with our national anthem. I think by this activity I developed a new skill of hosting events.

No comments:

Post a Comment