Friday 4 July 2014

United States Independence Day Celebration

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.  ~Elmer Davis

Activity Started – 4 July 2014

Approximate Time - 2 hour

Criteria of CAS – Creativity

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.  I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.  ~Abraham Lincoln

On 1 July 2014 I got to know that my class will be organizing US Independence Day celebration and I would be the in charge. I was very excited as I haven’t managed any assembly since the Hindi Divas last year. This was a very different deal from Hindi Divas it was more about Country’s prestige and pride. America has awesome and extraordinary history. First thing we did was planned and initiated activities. I gave responsibilities to my fellow classmates.


Planning Independence Day
Prayer – Rucha Verma
Thought – Jaidev Pahade

News – Kaustubh Murmare
Presentation on US History and 4th of July – Himanshu Halve and Shradha Wakode
Birthday Celebration of Students
Director Sir addressing the assembly
Photos – Danish Sharief
Managing Laptop – Tanmay Tembhrune



US Independence Day also commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States of America commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from Great Britain. We celebrated this day because our school is a world community, we respect and love every country. So this was very good chance to show our fondness to United States. 


The program started with prayer, to the lord for everything he has given to us. Then I started with introducing audience with the topic. Then there a thought of George Washington (First president of USA) presented by Jaidev Pahade. After that I called Kaustubh Murmare to give us information about current affairs.
Then there Himanshu Halve and Shradha Wakode to give a beautiful presentation on history of USA and celebration of 4th July.
 We celebrated birthday of a teacher then we called Director Sir to address the assembly.




After we ended the assembly we were praised from other students and teachers. I gave credit to our whole team, I worked collaboratively with others for this event. Everybody  praised and said that I m a very good host. So this activity also Increased awareness of strengths and areas for growth.

(I apologize for the bad quality of  photos.)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shafqat,
    good reflection! little careful about flow of language.
    Keep it up!


    Ms. Vijayalaxmi Kanate
    CAS Coordinator,
    DYPIS, Nagpur

    ReplyDelete